While searching through questions for possible missing tags I noticed that we have five very similar tags.
- plot: Plot typically refers to the events and their ordering in a work of narrative fiction. Use this tag for questions regarding plotting, outlining, and narrative arc.
- story: This tag should be used for questions about the story in fictional writing.
- storyline: This tag should be used for questions relating to the sequence of events of a novel, also known as its plot, though the timeline could change if your writing involves timetravel. Contrast this with the tag [branching-narrative], which should be used for questions that deal with multiple possible storylines that depend on the choices of the person interacting with your work. This could be a turning the page, a quest-item in the characters inventory,...
- narrative: A narrative is an account of events. This tag should be used for anything related to story-telling, including elements and principles or structure.
- storytelling: This tag should be used for questions about styles and techniques for showing your story to your reader.
Plot is the most used tags and to me makes the most sense. Story's tag wiki is a self-referencing definition 'use this tag for questions about this tag' and storyline litterally says "also known as its plot".
What should we do with these tags?