I am working on my PhD in physics. My main field is spectroscopy using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) and Raman spectroscopy. I am mainly an experimentalist who has unfortunately forgotten much of his theoretical studies. However, I am currently also dabbling in numerical simulations of laser-induced plasma, molecular reactions, and molecular spectra. My hope is to get back some of that theoretical knowledge that I once possessed!
The project which my PhD is based on is about the robotic exploration of the solar system. Our goal is to develop a small, lightweight instrument that can be used on asteroids, comets, and moons for geological studies and, of course, for finding life.
Member for 11 months
10 profile views
Last seen Oct 18 '19 at 2:01
Top network posts
- 56 Is it true that good novels will automatically sell themselves on Amazon (and so on) and there is no need for one to waste time promoting?
- 38 Protagonist constantly has to have long words explained to her. Will this get tedious?
- 32 How can I convince my reader that I will not use a certain trope?
- 20 Is it bad to describe a character long after their introduction?
- 18 Is it possible to narrate a novel in a faux-historical style without alienating the reader?
- 16 Is it okay to have a sequel start immediately after the end of the first book?
- 14 How to write a nice frame challenge?
- View more network posts →