The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter — it's the difference between a lightning bug and the lightning. — Mark Twain
Editor for Hire! email@example.com
Member for 8 years, 6 months
94 profile views
Last seen 16 hours ago
- Writing 68.8k 68.8k 66 gold badges103103 silver badges230230 bronze badges
- Graphic Design 18.8k 18.8k 77 gold badges5353 silver badges9393 bronze badges
- Literature 3.5k 3.5k 22 gold badges99 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Mythology & Folklore 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Area 51 606 606 88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 64 How do you avoid purple prose?
- 57 How do I talk to clients who are used to seeing ads for $5 logo designs?
- 56 Did Arthur Conan Doyle code Holmes and Watson as a gay couple?
- 55 Does this scene fail the Bechdel test?
- 53 How did Wonka's Golden Ticket sweepstakes ensure that children would win?
- 45 How much can a reader remember?
- 45 Writing first programming book
- View more network posts →
Top tags (23)
21 Time to Exit Beta? Feb 16 '18
17 Why are you on Writing.SE? May 10 '15
13 Literature Stack is now open! Jan 18 '17
11 Non native English speakers contributions Jun 25 '13
11 So long and thanks for all the fish Aug 13 '18
7 Getting Writers out of its Rut Oct 1 '17
7 What is ok in questions about writing comics? May 14 '14
7 What should we do with the “erotica” question? Aug 15 '14