Member for 9 years, 5 months
I’m a 39 year old autodidact, and very proud to be. I'm looking for work right now, but that's normal given my proclivity for accepting contracts. I write, I eat, and I enjoy life with all of the gusto I can. I love language and languages. I occasionally slip and use serial commas, and when I do I often leave them as a flag flying in the face of my enemy, Language Prescriptivism. I’m a native English speaker and I’ve studied both Latin and several Romance Languages that are derived from it. I’ve studied law, language, history, sociology, logic, debate, math and various sciences, because those subjects all fascinate me to no end.
Care to learn more? Visit my blog! <3
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 7k 7k 11 gold badge3636 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 918 918 99 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Writing 778 778 55 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- History 599 599 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 514 514 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 71 Are orcs and goblins really the same thing?
- 57 Is there any canonical reference to the fate of the Blue Wizards: Alatar and Pallando?
- 57 Why did the emperor send the Atreides to Arrakis, then the Sardaukar to remove them?
- 32 Where did the "Memories transferred through DNA" idea used in Assassin's Creed come from?
- 31 Did Kirk and Uhura actually kiss?
- 31 What was the purpose of adding red backlights in USS Enterprise?
- 29 Did Richard A. Knaak get the idea for Warcraft from J. R. R. Tolkien?
- View more network posts →