I live in California. I write. I game. I cook. And I'm a Dad.
I'm a journalist by trade, and I've worked for one of the the local papers and a now defunct business journal. I've also worked as a typesetter, a graphic artist and was the production manager for an international trade magazine, so I have a pretty good grasp of the printing industry.
In 2007, I quit my job to be a stay-at-home-father. One thing that I promised myself when I made that decision is that I would use my down time to start writing again. Five years and three kids later, and it looks like I can finally fulfill that promise.
Other "accomplishments" of mine:
In Kindergarten I wrote a sentence about raccoons that used the words 'nocturnal' and 'diurnal' correctly without any help from anyone.
In the fourth grade, I wrote Doctor Who fan fiction.
In the eighth grade, I got published for the first time. My short story "The Day the Earth was Disintegrated" was published by The National Junior High School Writer. I got extra credit in my English class and that Friday the whole class got pizza. Somewhat ironically, the only pizza they bought was 'supreme', which I detest, and therefore did not have any pizza.
In high school I was the senior editor of the school paper and the yearbook chief.
In college I was the first (and perhaps only) student who, as my major changed, went from the Business Manager of the school newspaper, to the Art Director to the Senior Editor.
During the 2008 presidential campaign, my observations were frequently read on air during "The Cafferty File" on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer".
To Be Determined
Member for 7 years, 4 months
12 profile views
Last seen Jan 28 '15 at 0:02
Top network posts
- 21 Self publishing: Do I still need to follow the arbitrary word count limits?
- 18 What binding and paper should be used on a self-printed novel?
- 18 How to come up with a good title?
- 13 American Equivalent of "Bog Standard"
- 13 Help! I'm being attacked on sight in Dragonsreach!
- 11 What's the difference between academic and journalistic writing?
- 9 How/When to create deliberately boring characters?
- View more network posts →