My degree is CIS & Classical Studies - the art and history of all those "dead" languages people still use, like CoBOL, FORTRAN, Latin & Greek. Given the choice, I'll write it in bash. Given the freedom to choose a more complete solution, I'll build a set of utilities in Perl and use that.
Free time not spent with family is Tabletop RPG's when I find a good group not stuck on class/level paradigms, video games otherwise. I do not work with hardware OR code at home, thanks.
Top network posts
- 8 Why does python exit immediately when I pipe code in with echo but not with cat?
- 6 Ansible - Unarchive module overwriting
- 6 Get substring using either perl or sed
- 5 Raise error in a Bash script
- 5 How to split an ansible role's `defaults/main.yml` file into multiple files?
- 5 How to extract the version string defined on the fist line of a file in bash
- 5 Bash delete all symbols before last 2 "/" symbols in variable
- View more network posts →