Author of Every Page Is Page One: Topic-based Writing for Technical Communication and the Web, and the forthcoming Structured Writing: Principles and Practices, both from XML Press. I help organizations adopt the Every Page is Page One approach to information design through training, coaching, editing, and writing services through Analecta Communications Inc. (http://analecta.com). I blog at http://everypageispageone.com and tweet as @mbakeranalecta.
- Writing 57.4k 57.4k 55 gold badges9898 silver badges213213 bronze badges
- Literature 1.2k 1.2k 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.1k 1.1k 66 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Area 51 493 493 1111 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 395 395 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 123 The protagonist can't defeat the antagonist without the antagonist being stupid
- 123 The Good, the Bad, and the Semicolon
- 102 How to prevent ebook piracy from stealing your livelihood?
- 87 Do I have any control over the grammar of my novel?
- 74 How does a new writer keep from getting scooped?
- 61 How do I keep the gender of my main character purposely ambiguous?
- 55 "The flux capacitor--it's what makes time travel possible." When to keep world-building explanations short
- View more network posts →