Note: I prefer that people use ungendered pronouns when referring to me.
Bachelor of Music (Performance), Indiana University
Master of Computer Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison
ABD in Applied Math
I learned my Spanish as a young adult, in Mexico.
I enjoy helping people and giving back what I can on the internet, having been helped many times by kind strangers.
Member for 4 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 31 at 17:19
- Academia 35.2k 35.2k 66 gold badges5151 silver badges136136 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 15.8k 15.8k 55 gold badges3636 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Spanish Language 6.8k 6.8k 44 gold badges1515 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Parenting 3.7k 3.7k 55 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 2.7k 2.7k 22 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 242 How do you answer "Oh, you're a professor? What do you teach?"
- 108 Is it an insult to my university to not walk in graduation?
- 103 What should I do after advisor got upset when I expressed "belief in evolution" and then said he couldn't add me to his research team?
- 77 How to degender "separate the men from the boys"?
- 75 Is there a place in academia for someone who compulsively solves every problem on their own?
- 74 My advisor said that I should be more modest, and we should meet more often. Should I tell him about my impostor syndrome? If yes, mail or personal?
- 71 How to react when a team of colleagues obviously made up some results?
- View more network posts →