I dabble in writing; I've become increasingly proficient in keeping my condescending nature in check. Haven't written much though. Working on that.
A lot of my experience comes from reading, from books on writing, and from blogs on writing. I've also done a lot of critiquing at Critters.org, and reviewing at The Fix Online. Science-fiction and fantasy are my natural stomping grounds, but everything else is good too.
I'm also the proprietor of Short Story Squee & Snark, a weekly short-story discussion club. Every week we pick something new (and freely available), and discuss. If you've enjoyed spending time with me here on Writers.SE, I'd love to talk fiction with you over there as well :)
- Writing 25.5k 25.5k 66 gold badges4545 silver badges130130 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Literature 2k 2k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 1.8k 1.8k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 135 How do I know if a concept is sexist or not?
- 123 Under new processes, Monica's removal should complete the Conduct Review, not request Reinstatement
- 119 My office wants infinite branch merges as policy; what other options do we have?
- 96 How can I write about historical realities that readers mistakenly believe are unrealistic?
- 74 Is it common to discuss the intent to leave with a manager before giving notice of resignation?
- 66 "All of a sudden..." ?
- 47 I have 97 pages in my book draft. Is it too late to swap to third person from first?
- View more network posts →