I agree that as it stands, this is not a good question. I'm seeing three possible sub-questions here:
- "Has anyone ever done this?"
- This is either a yes/no question (spoiler: the answer is yes) or else a list/poll question.
- "Just curious about people's opinions and pitfalls of this type of story."
- This is not really a question.
- "I would need to find away to make [the evil protagonist] likeable."
- This would be a decent question (although we might have a duplicate).
The one sub-question that might work is really not the main focus of the question as written, but some of the answers do address it directly. It'd be a bit of heroic editing to whip the entire page into shape.
I am going to put the question on hold for the moment. If others agree that the focus I'm suggesting would work, or find another workable fix to the page, then we'll do that and reopen. Otherwise, the question should be closed permenantly; we don't want to attract more items on the list of "instances where a villian has been the protagonist."