We've had a meta question looking for questions to include in a Writing.SE e-book. However, a good book demands structure and planning. It's difficult to select questions for inclusion without knowing anything about the book itself.
- What will the book's structure be? Should we look for topical divisions to group questions into sections? (Plot, characters, etc.)
- Should we make the book about all sorts of writing, or simply acknowledge that this site is predominantly about fiction? (There are some books about writing in general that are very good indeed.)
- Will it simply be a compilation of good questions and answers, or will these be edited into essays that read more smoothly, giving people a reason to read the book? Or would that be too much work?
- Who will read this book, and why?
- What is the purpose of the book? Will we be adding any real value to the book beyond what's in the questions we select, or is the e-book simply a piece of memorabilia for this site?
None of these have right or wrong answers, but they are questions that we should answer before selecting content.