Posting this as an answer, since my comment got no replies.
I just checked the Nomination tab and I can't see any comments whatsoever. I know comments are disabled once the Election phase starts, but they are not hidden, right?
Does this mean that there were indeed no comments to any of the candidates' nominations during the Nomination phase?
Has there been any kind of interaction between the candidates and the community this past week at all? Chat, maybe?
For the record, I also checked the transcript for the Election Chat Room and there's been zero activity there, too.
So... 5 people (including the 3 current pro-tem mods) have nominated themselves for the stack's first "full" election. And...
- Nobody thanked them for their nomination (not even the current mods).
- Nobody questioned their reasons to step up.
- Nobody asked them for clarifications on their answers.
- Nobody spoke in their favor.
- Nobody made any claims against them, either.
- Nobody posted a single thing on Meta about the election (besides Catija ofc).
- No, wait: Chappo suggested a couple questions for the Questionnaire. That's... something, I guess.
- Nobody joined the chat room, much less say anything while on it.
Isn't this... weird? Am I missing something?
PS: Heh, it has some rythm, hasn't it?
Nobody thanked them for their nomination (not even the current mods.)
Nobody questioned their reasons to step up; none in their favor spoke.
Nobody asked them for clarifications, nobody made any claims.
Nobody greeted, departed nor chatted; empty chat room for eight days.
Nobody posted about them on Meta (except Catija-- no, wait:
Cappo suggested two questionnaire items... that counts for something, I guess.)
No one replied to my comment on Tuesday, the silence unbroken, my doubts yet uncleared.
So here I am, asking again as an answer:
Folks... ain't this a bit weird?